We all have an inventory of “must-haves” for a brand new residence. Find out what our want checklist seems to be love for getting a home!
When Joe and I began speaking about shopping for a brand new home, we actually needed to prioritize and compromise to create an inventory of our new residence must-haves. As I discussed within the final podcast, my workplace location and the scale of our storage had been the 2 issues that actually wanted to alter. But now we have numerous different issues that we needed (or did not need) in our subsequent home.
Thea and I began evaluating our lists since we’re each within the strategy of shifting, and our lists of must-haves in a brand new residence had been vastly totally different. We thought this might make a wonderful dialogue for the podcast! In this episode, we evaluate our wish-lists and focus on how attempting it may be to juggle needs and wishes whereas compromising together with your partner. Spoiler alert–it’s difficult!
Want to pay attention in your favourite app? Click whichever choice you favor under:
As mentioned on this episode…
- Today we’re speaking about what Thea and I’ve on our checklist for must-haves in our new properties. That’s proper! Thea is planning to maneuver additionally!
- Thea (who could not even bear in mind what we’re speaking about immediately) goes first and she or he begins with what they’ve now that they need to preserve wherever they transfer.
- We weren’t kidding about our peak distinction 🤪
Thea’s “Must-Have” List
- Thea is simple to please, nevertheless, her husband has a really lengthy checklist. They can agree on the necessity for a number of bogs (they at the moment have just one) and two residing areas (ample “flopping” house for loud kids), two working areas not close to one another (he is very loud). Thea has an exquisite workplace and kitchen and can be unhappy to offer them up.
- Thea’s husband needs, amongst different issues…an extended driveway with basketball house, storage, out of doors house, and no water within the basement (it is a actual downside the place we reside).
- I used to be stunned Thea did not point out storage. When we lived in our previous home, which is analogous to hers, there was a scarcity of storage! As lengthy as she has an attic or basement or each she can provide little closets some grace. Her youngsters are shifting out of the toy part, so she is not too burdened about that.
- Her household’s checklist will not be brief. But one factor now we have actually discovered and mentioned is that everybody has to compromise on one thing. It is a difficult panorama for a pair to navigate in SO some ways.
Tasha’s “Must-Have” List
- I actually need to be the home the place my youngsters and their mates WANT to hang around when they’re youngsters. We selected the brand new home particularly with that in thoughts.
- Our must-have checklist for our new residence varies a bit additionally. Joe actually needed a flat and dry again yard, as a result of in response to Joe “a wet yard is a useless yard.” We each are actually excited concerning the screened-in porch, means to exit from the kitchen to the again yard, big storage (larger than our’s now) to suit Joe’s health club, all of the instruments, and many others. Joe is VERY into our storage and that will not be altering within the subsequent home.
- We additionally need a grasp on the bottom degree and the hotties’ rooms to be collectively. They do have their very own bogs, which they’re unusually enthusiastic about. Their shared rest room at our present house is the scene of some main dawdling so I’m not mad they do not should share and can hopefully brush their enamel a tiny sooner.
- My workplace is upstairs and away from the remainder of the household for essentially the most half, which I’m VERY enthusiastic about. As we all know my workplace has turn into a difficulty in our present home. (Listen why on this episode.)
- I share all of the issues I’m most enthusiastic about within the new home. The out of doors house, which I confirmed y’all right here. I’m additionally obsessive about the pantry. It is HUGE and I need to spin love this each time I stroll in.
- The laundry room is huge sufficient to accommodate the canine bowls which could be very thrilling. Riggins is big and takes up quite a lot of room when he’s consuming or consuming. And he is not even finished rising 🙂
- The attic storage in our new home is AMAZING and triple what now we have now. Thea is jealous since her scenario together with her attic is a complete loopy precarious ordeal to get stuff out and in of her attic.
What’s the weirdest factor on your house shopping for want checklist? Tag us on IG at @tasha.kaleidoscope and inform us what your new residence must-haves are! Also, tag us in pics or screenshot your episode and inform us what you might be doing when you pay attention. We love seeing these and attempt to share them as typically as potential. Make certain you might be following me on Instagram so you possibly can observe together with my tales and see all of the behind the scenes motion. I discuss ALL the issues (not simply residence decor and DIY!) and it is rather enjoyable so come hang around with us!
Get Social With Us
I get requested quite a bit about my design course of, which I’m additionally utilizing after I design the brand new home! I exploit the SAME system each single time I design a room. I lastly put that system down on paper so as to use it, too! It’s an reasonably priced different to hiring an inside designer and it is known as Designer in a Binder®! It walks you thru every step of the design course of, love selecting objects which are the proper scale, house planning, mixing patterns, selecting colours and extra! I give easy-to-understand steerage on all of this in Designer in a Binder®! You can order your binder now. We have over 5,900 completely happy clients to date! Click here to learn more.