What is going on after we transfer in with renovations? We need the rooms we are going to use and dwell in essentially the most to be the primary completed so we are able to really feel considerably settled. After that, we are going to transfer on to different components of the home!
Today we focus on what is going to occur AFTER we transfer in! I’ve a plan for a way I would like it to go, however as we all know, issues can change (I have already got revelations on this as we discuss within the podcast) so who is aware of how properly we are going to stick with the plan?! But we do need to have our residing areas prepared for the vacations, so that’s first on the agenda. We go into element about what actually must occur and all of the plans I’ve! I’m so excited for a clean slate (fortunately now not a brown slate, LOL) to do no matter we wish and I can’t wait to show it into our dream dwelling.
Want to pay attention in your favourite app? Click whichever possibility you favor under:
All the Details From This Episode
- What are the Agruso’s doing after we transfer in, you might surprise? Well, I alter what is going on just about on a regular basis so no matter I say right here at the moment will most likely change. So contemplate all the pieces I say to be tentative plans. It is gonna be a real “ride the wave” state of affairs.
- We are planning on focusing downstairs for the reason that Holidays are headed our means.
- The kitchen is, in fact, brown. The cupboards are two-tone–some have been cream (love Thea’s earlier than we painted them). They are antiqued, which isn’t my favourite. The wooden island and vent-hood (also referred to as the hood-vent) are stained darkish espresso. The island has a number of dings and scuffs and must be freshened up. SO, backside line–we’re portray all of it. Probably all one colour. And it’s a COLOR! I’m taking a look at some darkish saturated colours which feels thrilling and totally different.
- I’m excited we are able to use the very same technique we did in Thea’s home. Don’t even need to take the doorways off! Thea even supplied to return paint across the hinges since she is principally an professional after doing all of her personal cupboards.
- The backsplash is not precisely offensive, but additionally not my type AT ALL. And it’s beige (see image above). So I’ve a plan for that too, in fact. I’m searching for an answer to cowl it as a substitute of portray it (which we did on this home) and my plan is a shock :)!
- New lights are already on order and entering into ASAP.
- Eventually, we shall be tearing all of it out, however we’re gonna give it a tiny makeover and dwell with it for a couple of years earlier than we make any drastic modifications.
- The double degree island isn’t my favourite. Spoiler, Thea thinks it will assist her youngsters’ junk creep into her workspace. And it covers the mess within the sink. Neither of those is an issue for me–she admits each are an enormous downside at her home!
- New favourite phrase: AND THIS WILL BE THAT. Use it, and you’re welcome.
- We do not love the hearth and fireside. The element isn’t my favourite and naturally, the colour is blah. We are in talks about what we are able to do to vary it drastically. It will keep within the type of the home, however my intestine is that will probably be a penny tile!
- We will add a brand new mantel however there shall be no aptitude.
- It is Chotchkie’s, Thea wins this spherical (I lastly needed to look it up)!
- Other than hanging photos and styling, we have no different massive tasks within the nice room. So as soon as we get these finished, we shall be prepared to brighten for the vacations, which feels love it’s going to assist us actually settle in!
- We will put a tree up with Riggins. Poor Thea cannot put a massive tree up as a result of her insane canine will steal and eat her ornaments. Instead she has a small tabletop tree that’s “majestic.”
- Our Christmas tree technique (its a factor) is to solely put shatterproof ornaments from the waist down. Thea’s tree is often crammed with ornaments that youngsters made, stuff that’s handed down, and many others. She is so sentimental any loss would break her coronary heart.
- I additionally need to get my workplace arrange fairly shortly as a result of I’ve this yr’s Beautiful Home Beautiful Life Summit developing and need to have a spot to do the interviews. (The hyperlink results in final yr’s summit, however watch for information coming quickly on this years’ summit!)
- Now that we’re speaking, I do need the babes’ rooms finished. It could be a lot simpler earlier than their stuffy-stuff explodes and can assist them really feel extra settled in.
- Avery has began to depart garments on her flooring and it’s stressing me out. Thea is used to this sort of shenanigans, however it’s surprising to me. It is boggling my thoughts, although I used to be REALLY messy as a child. I went from being a slob to being obsessively organized when my stepdad joined our household and I’ve by no means seemed again!
- Our lowest priorities–eating room, bonus room, visitor room, bogs.
- The out of doors house does not want a lot. We need to get some firewood delivered. Apparently, it’s a complete factor round right here–Thea informs me there are many firewood choices on the market.
- We are also going so as to add string lights. Thea noticed beautiful coloured lights that may be personalized. Now that we mentioned it out loud, we are going to most likely get served advertisements for it. If you already know what lights she is speaking about, please ship us a message! We cannot discover them.
- What do you assume…are your gadgets listening to you? We disagree on whether or not this can be a factor. PLEASE WEIGH IN. We may have a ballot on Instagram.
- If you’re doing something enjoyable or fascinating and even actually boring, please share with us what you’re doing. We love seeing them! Tag us on IG and share it! Tag us on IG at @tasha.kaleidoscope and tag us in pics or screenshot your episode and inform us what you’re doing whilst you pay attention. We love seeing these and attempt to share them as typically as doable! Make positive you’re following me on Instagram so you’ll be able to comply with together with my tales and see all of the behind the scenes motion. I speak about ALL the issues (not simply dwelling decor and DIY!) and it is extremely enjoyable so come hang around with us!
Get Social With Us
If you’re questioning how I’ll provide you with room designs for every room in our home, the reply is Designer in a Binder®. Designer in a Binder® is the design system I’ve used for years and years! A few years in the past, I lastly put all of it down on paper in order that others can use it as properly! In it I stroll you thru all of the vital stuff love selecting objects which might be the right scale, house planning, mixing patterns, selecting colours and extra! I give easy-to-understand steerage on all of this in Designer in a Binder®! You can order your binder now. We have over 5,900 joyful prospects to this point! Click HERE to be taught extra.