Everyone is shocked we’re transferring! We are filling you in on the all particulars– the what, why, and the place AND we reply your whole burning questions on our upcoming transfer.
I introduced a few month in the past on this weblog submit that we now have determined to maneuver. It has been giving me all of the feels, however I used to be shocked to learn how floored you all are, to not point out you all have plenty of emotions about it additionally! I may by no means have predicted the flood into my Instagram DM’s with questions on All. The. Things. When it got here time to take a seat down and reply all of them, I made a decision the best strategy to talk about it’s to resurrect the podcast. Thea and I’ve been itching to restart, and this was the right purpose to get it going once more.
We have beloved this home, however are SO excited for the modifications having a brand new dwelling will carry not solely to our household but additionally to the weblog! Listen alongside beneath to Thea and me speak concerning the purpose the transfer is going on and I reply your whole burning questions on it!
Want to hear in your favourite app? Click whichever choice you like beneath:
All the Details
- When we introduced we’re transferring you all went CRAZY. It made me actually notice y’all are as invested in our dwelling as we’re! It has been the costar in our story given all of the DIY dwelling enhancements and initiatives we now have tackled (and blogged about over the previous 7 years). I mistakenly thought it would not have been a large deal. DUH, Tasha. Turns out it’s as large of a deal to all of you as it’s to us. And you all had A LOT of questions! So we restarted the podcast and are SO excited to be again! (The audio is a problem proper now with social distancing, however we promise it should get higher).
- There are numerous causes we’re transferring, however one of many major issues is that we needed a smaller, quieter group. We are transferring to a little city outdoors of Greensboro (the place we stay now) known as Oak Ridge. We love that it’s self-contained and the varsity district is GREAT.
- For a very long time, I refused to even talk about transferring, which Joe has subtly been citing often for concerning the final two years. I lastly began listening as a result of there are challenges in our present home that we are able to solely treatment by transferring. I defined extra about that on this weblog submit and go right into a bit beneath…
- Having my workplace proper in the course of our dwelling has turn out to be very traumatic (laborious to get plenty of work accomplished when everybody has entry to me on a regular basis.)
- Our present storage isn’t little so far as garages go, however it’s a drawback for us. It is the place we preserve all of our instruments (which we now have a TON of provided that our enterprise is all about DIY dwelling enchancment), Joe’s Gym, and one automotive. It is crammed to the brim and we actually want a much bigger area.
- Facts about Oak Ridge: It IS a city, it’s integrated, it would not have a mayor. But it does have a 5 individual city council! Now everyone knows! (Thank you google.) Sorry to tell Thea she can’t be the mayor.
- We cannot wait to begin new initiatives, however it is going to be much less main reno and extra beauty work. Everything in the home is brown, which as you all know is NOT my type. We have to color the whole lot, and I wish to cry interested by it, however it isn’t optionally available. Seriously, So. Much. Brown. The initiatives in the home won’t be enormous initiatives that require a ton of cash–I’m actually enthusiastic about how doable the DIY’s will probably be. I can not wait to flash individuals what is feasible! The coloration lover in me is dying to get began and I can not await the transformations to begin!
- You will get to see all of the pics of the brand new home as soon as we shut, I do not wish to curse something. This is the third home we made a suggestion on and it’s good. The floorplan is precisely what we needed and the out of doors area is AMAZING. So when you’ve got listened to the podcast and skim this far, right here is your reward! Here is the primary official sneak peek of our new home–that is the out of doors area that we’re OBSESSED with!
- Thea desires to maneuver too, and I lastly suppose they’re actually going to do it. We cannot imagine it’d occur for each of us throughout this loopy traumatic time. But why not, proper? She simply has to purge ten years of “home shrapnel” and stage it. No large deal, LOL.
- The hotties have been initially emotional about transferring (a lot love me) however they’ve come round. Once we began speaking about what they will do to their rooms within the new home, it acquired them tremendous excited. I preserve telling them truthfully that it’s completely pure to really feel unhappy AND excited. They each have concepts for precisely what they need and have come full-circle on transferring.
- Our present home would not appear impartial, however if you happen to take all of our decor out, all of our paint colours actually are fairly impartial. I suppose my navy blue doors are a small out of the odd, however the coloration remains to be fairly impartial (denims go together with the whole lot, proper?!) The wildest factor is the powder room mural, however I ran out of time and by no means painted over it. But that’s a simple repair for anybody wanting on the home.
- The stability of what must be neutralized and staged and what’s okay to depart is hard. You can see Thea’s purple eating room and the curtains we at all times reference right here.
- I used to be so glad once we lastly completed the visitor room, however I needed to spruce up the laundry room to really feel love it was actually completed. Since that was the very first room I did on this home (you’ll be able to see that makeover right here), I wanted to offer it a fast makeover to freshen it up!
- You can see numerous earlier than pics of the kitchen right here. I nonetheless cannot imagine individuals are mad we painted these cupboards. I’ll by no means perceive this. If you assault me within the feedback part anyplace, my beloved readers will come after you. Please take into account this your warning, lol!
- I LOVE our stuff, and the selections we now have made for our present home, so you will notice plenty of our issues and our type repeated within the new home. Unlike Joe, I refuse to promote MY stuff and I’ve little interest in ranging from scratch! I’ve curated issues I like and I’m taking them with me!!! If it have been as much as him, he would depart no matter they need for the suitable worth.
- If you wish to see the bizarre set-up to document this podcast, verify us out within the visitor room. We have been responsibly socially distancing, and the audio suffered. Sorry!
- We love listening to from you! Tag us at @tasha.kaleidoscope in pics or screenshot your episode and inform us what you’re doing when you hear. We love seeing these and attempt to share them as typically as doable. Make positive you’re following me on Instagram so you’ll be able to comply with together with my tales and see all of the behind the scenes motion. I discuss ALL the issues (not simply dwelling decor and DIY!) and it is very fun.
Get Social With Us
I get requested rather a lot about my design course of, which I’m additionally utilizing once I design the brand new home! I take advantage of the SAME system each single time I design a room. I lastly put that system down on paper with the intention to use it, too! It’s an reasonably priced various to hiring an inside designer and it is known as Designer in a Binder®! It walks you thru every step of the design course of, love selecting objects which might be the right scale, area planning, mixing patterns, selecting colours and extra! I give easy-to-understand steerage on all of this in Designer in a Binder®! You can order your binder now. We have over 5,900 glad clients thus far! Click here to learn more.